Monday, August 04, 2008

Fuji Tahoe Goes Green...

WARNING!!! Never go to any LBS when you are down with upgradatitis.

We didn't heed this warning. We walked into Bicycle World just because we wanted to borrow the child carrier from Nathan. It should be OK if we just grab the child carrier and left without looking left or right. But no, we made a mistake of making the customary look-see tour only...

I passed by the display cabinet showing off this cable...


Jagwire Ripcord fluorescent green brake cable


...then all of the sudden, my heart began to beat faster. Sweat began to bead on my forehead. My body temperature rised. My vision became blurry. Quick flashes of images appearing before me...Images of Ummu's Fuji Tahoe Comp clad with this green flouro cable...I weakened. Knee became jelly and wobbly. Unable to resist...I fought, but it was futile...Evil Nathan flashed a quick smile at me. He knew exactly what was happening. He had worked the routine so many times...And that time was no exception. It worked like a perfect spring trap. And I was caught hanging and dangling helplessly...

Once the tell tale symptoms became prominent, he gracefully glided to the display cabinet and generously handed my the cable. Once in my grasp, I melted. The teeniest sign of resistance melted away. I was like in a trance. Oblivious to what's happening in the surrounding...Just a faint memory of me handing over my plastic card to him...


The Jagwire braided brown cable and the stock Shimano lever BL-M420 before the change"


After some painstaking process of changing the cable....taa daa...Fuji Tahoe Comp with flouro green Jagwire Ripcord. The lever also changed to Shimano BL-M600 (LX grade lever).


Hmmm...the flouro green cable is a perfect match


LX BL-M600 lever with servo wave action.

No comments: